ROBERT A. CASIAS
P.O. Box 579 • Somerset, Texas 78069 • 210.667.5768 cell
email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/Robert-Casias-66176825
Seasoned, accomplishment-driven leader with proven success in the private, public, military, and non-profit sectors; adept in swiftly mastering complex needs and requirements of diverse operations, programs, projects, and initiatives to deliver measurable and lasting contributions.
— AREAS OF EXPERTISE —
Strategic Planning & Development • Concept Through Execution • Community & Public Relations
Complex Negotiations • International / Global Operations & Initiatives • Humanitarian Outreach & Aid Team Building & Leadership • Training & Education Programs • Community Development & Engagement
— ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS —
Admitted to Masters Leadership Program (MLP) of Greater San Antonio, Class XIII, to develop expertise in community service through board participation and volunteerism.
Elected President of Somerset ISD Education Foundation in 2011, a non-profit organization providing $300K+ in funds via school grants, teacher study grants, and student scholarships since 2008.
Selected as Delegate for Republican Party of Texas at 2010 and 2012 Republican State Convention and at 2012 Republican National Convention.
Ran for Texas House of Representatives, District 118, as Independent Texas Conservative, in 2012.
Service-oriented with dual, highly decorated career histories as dedicated military and federal civilian leader within the Army National Guard and US Postal Service.
Globally-focused and multi-culturally sensitive, with background of traveling to and working within 24 countries on 4 continents.
SOMERSET ISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
2011 to Present
Elected President of non-profit focused on development of Somerset Independent School District (ISD).
- Contributed to the foundation through major donation during Big Give San Antonio event.
- SEF has donated over $300K to SISD and cultivated new partnership with Toyota.
2003 to Present
Certified Beef Cattle Producer, raising herd of registered Black Brangus and farming crops of Coastal / Super Sweet Sudan hay for private use and sale. Direct water / land resource utilization and stewardship.
- Participate in Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association and International Brangus Breeders Association.
- Volunteered at San Antonio Livestock Exposition & Rodeo since 2010, serving on Steer Committee and earning Volunteer of the Year Award from 2011 Steer Committee; named Lifetime Member in 2012.
US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS)
1991 to 2006
Earned series of promotions, assuming role of Postmaster within busy Post Office serving community of 24K; supervised workforce of 40.
- Recognized as Top Station Manager in Category in 1989, earned 3 Superior Achievement Awards for Performance.
ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Senior Operations Manager
1980 to 2009
Advanced through progressively responsible service tenure, retiring at the rank of Colonel.
- In latest assignment, served for 3 years as Chief of Exercises and Training Division within US Army South at Fort Sam Houston, supporting operations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Planned and directed the most complex and largest scale exercises in the western hemisphere in alignment with Combined Joint Chiefs of Staff mandates-including peacekeeping, humanitarian aid, and joint foreign military training exercises.
- Partnered extensively with US Department of State officials and US Ambassadors in Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Guatemala, and the Philippines.
- Selected career honors, decorations, and awards include Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, Army Achievement Medal, NATO Medal, UN Medal, and Order of Saint Maurice Medal, as well as numerous campaign, service, combat action, and civic action medals for deployments, including Vietnam, Bosnia, and Haiti.
- Held Top Secret security clearance.
Additional service as Fire Team Leader in the US Marine Corps (USMC), 9th Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division; received The Presidential Unit Citation from President Richard Nixon for Operation Dewey Canyon. Separated at rank of Lance Corporal.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science in Sociology
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE – New York, New York
– LANGUAGES –
Proficient in Spanish
– PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT –
Masters Leadership Program (MLP) of Greater San Antonio, Class XIII, 2016
US Army Command & Staff General College
Combined Armed Services Staff School
– AFFILIATIONS –
Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
International Brangus Breeders Association
Scottish Rite Research Society
The Philalethes Society
Veterans of Foreign Wars – Lifetime Member
American Legion – Lifetime Member
Disabled American Veterans – Lifetime Member
Third Marine Division Association – Lifetime Member
1st Battalion, 9th Marine Network – Lifetime Member
141st Infantry Association – Lifetime Member
National Infantry Museum Association
Republican Party of Texas – Volunteer